Thursday 4 February 2016

Once Upon A Time I Had A Garratt

I purchased the Garratt from Martin of Martin's models several years ago. It was custom made from two Stainz starter set locos and it worked on the LGB MTS system. I really liked the loco and used it a lot but one sad day I broke it!
The Loco
The chassis (if that's what it's called) where the front pivot was attached broke. I glued it a couple of times and carried on using it but the the last time it fell apart I found a number of wires had got mixed up with the glue and they broke too. The loco has been languishing in a cupboard for the last 4/5 years.
I've now decided to dismantle the loco and see if I can repair it and also convert it too battery power and radio control.
The loco with cab and boiler removed showing the broken pivot

No comments:

Post a Comment